A reward has been announced for information relating to the Gold Coast shooting execution murder investigation of slain bikie Shane Bowden.
Mongols bikies ‘are arrested by police just days after shocking murder of rival Shane Bowden’ in the garage of a Gold Coast home – as the investigation into his shooting execution continues
- Shane Bowden was shot dead in the driveway of his Pimpama home on October 12, 2020
- Police are offering a $250,000 reward for information leading to a conviction
- Bowden was once part of the Finks’ “terror team” and had been sentenced over the infamous Glitter Strip “ballroom blitz”
- Bikie boss Shane Bowden was shot dead in execution-style shooting on Monday
- The 48-year-old’s body was discovered in a car in a Gold Coast home at 12.10am
- Bowden defected to the Finks OMCG in July after 7 years with the rival Mongols
- Queensland Police reportedly arrested several Mongols in an unrelated matter
- Major probe into Bowden’s death continues, with fears of a bikie war on streets
Regional crime coordinator detective superintendent Brendan Smith today announced a $250,000 reward for any information leading to the conviction of anyone responsible for the former long-time Finks bikie’s murder.
Detective supt. Smith said the reward was a “substantial incentive” for anyone with any information to come forward.
“We believe there are people out in the community who could have information about Shane’s murder,” he said.
“We believe this was a targeted attack on him and there will be people who know of — or have information about — his murder.
“This is most definitely the time to come forward and tell us what you know.”
Queensland Police have seized this burnt out car as part of the investigation into the killing. (9News)
Detective supt. Smith said indemnity from prosecution would be recommended for any accomplice who was not the person who actually committed the crime, who first provides information to police.
A gun similar to the one below was used in the murder of Shane Bowden
Bowden, 48, had just returned from the gym around midnight on October 12 last year before being shot dead by hooded gunmen in the driveway of the property in Cox Rd, Pimpama.
Bowden, centre, attended court earlier this month over incorrectly filling in his border declaration pass. Credit: AAP
A crime scene has been created where this car was left, in Ormeau. (9News)
Today police revealed Bowden had been shot 21 times.
Two burnt-out vehicles were found nearby a short time later.
Anyone with information about this incident should contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.