Crime Files Network

www.crimefiles.net/info.

Archive for July, 2016

Live Ansbach bombing: attacker was rejected Syrian asylum seeker, say officials – latest

A 27-year-old man who had been denied asylum dies after explosion in southern German town

policeman stands near the scene after a man was killed and 11 others were injured in an explosion in Franconia Ansbach image www.crimefiles.net

A policeman stands near the scene after a man was killed and 11 others were injured in an explosion in Franconia Ansbach. Photograph: Daniel Karmann/EPA

A Syrian man killed himself and injured 12 people after a “deliberate explosion” outside a music festival in the German town of Ansbach.

Authorities said the 27-year-old had been denied asylum a year ago and had a history of making attempts on his own life.

It is believed a device he was carrying exploded although it is not clear whether it was a suicide bombing or whether the man intended to plant it and harm others.

At a media conference in the early hours of Monda,y the Bavarian interior minister, Joachim Herrmann, said the man had attempted to gain entrance to the Ansbach open music festival.

More than 2,000 people had been in the crowd in the small town of 40,000 people south-west of Nuremberg that is also home to a US army base.

Herrmann said the man was carrying a backpack at the time of the blast, at about 10pm on Sunday, but was turned away at the entrance to the festival, where the performers were to have included Ian Anderson, frontman of defunct prog-rock band Jethro Tull.

The backpack contained metal items used in “wood manufacturing” and could have killed many more people, he said.

Hermann did not specify whether these items were nails or screws but he said that because of the contents a terrorist motivation for the incident could not be ruled out.

However, a spokesman for the prosecutor’s office in Ansbach said the attacker’s motive was unclear. “If there is an Islamist link or not is purely speculation at this point,” said the spokesman, Michael Schrotberger.

Hermann said the man’s request for asylum was rejected a year ago, but he was allowed to remain in Germany on account of the situation in Syria. “It’s terrible … that someone who came into our country to seek shelter has now committed such a heinous act and injured a large number of people who are at home here, some seriously,” he said.

“It’s a further, horrific attack that will increase the already growing security concerns of our citizens. We must do everything possible to prevent the spread of such violence in our country by people who came here to ask for asylum.”

Herrmann added it was unclear if the man had planned to kill only himself or “take others with him into death”.

At least 12 people are reported to have been injured in the blast – three are believed to be in a serious condition.

Emergency workers and vehicles in Ansbach town centre after the explosion image www.crimefiles.net

Emergency workers and vehicles in Ansbach town centre after the explosion.
Photograph: Reuters Tv/Reuters

Shortly after the explosion, the mayor of Ansbach said the blast had been caused deliberately.

A police spokesman said: “An explosion went off in the city centre and a man, which the latest inquiries show caused it, was killed in the event.” After the explosion the area was evacuated and the music festival cancelled.

Thomas Debinski, who was interviewed by Sky News, described a “disturbing” scene as people in the small city realised a violent act had taken place.

“People were definitely panicking, the rumour we were hearing immediately was that there had been a gas explosion,” he said. “But then people came past and said it was a rucksack that had exploded. Someone blew themselves up. After what just happened in Munich it’s very disturbing to think what can happen so close to you in such a small town.”

Police sealed off the town centre and emergency services attended the scene. Bomb experts were sent to determine the cause of the explosion.

policeman stands near the scene after a man was killed and 11 others were injured in an explosion in Franconia Ansbach photo image www.vrimefiles.net

The explosion, which followed the killing on Friday of nine people by an 18-year-old gunman in Munich, occurred at a wine bar called Eugene’s, the Nürnberger Nachrichten newspaper reported.

Police had said earlier the explosion might have been caused by a gas leak. But a spokesman for the Bavarian interior ministry later said the blast was not an accident and appeared to have been intentional. “The explosion was set off deliberately,” said Michael Siefener, a spokesman for the regional interior ministry.

Germany, and Bavaria in particular, has been on edge after a deadly rampage at a Munich shopping mall on Friday in which nine people were killed, and an axe attack on a train near Würzburg last Monday in which five people were wounded.

Both came shortly after a Tunisian man in a truck killed 84 people when he ploughed through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in the French city of Nice, on the French Riviera.

Bavarian public broadcaster Bayerische Rundfunk reported that about 200 police officers and 350 rescue personnel were brought in following the explosion in Ansbach.

sexy bear generic banner

Henry Sapiecha

hs-sig-red-on-white

Published on Jul 7, 2016

10 officers have been shot by two snipers, leaving three officers dead and two in surgery, according to the Dallas police chief, KDFW reported. The shooting broke out during peaceful protests in downtown Dallas. There is an active shooter situation.
Dallas Police Chief David O. Brown added that the shots came from two snipers.

Three of the officers are reported to be in critical condition.
TAGS-
Dallas Police Chief: 2 snipers shoot 10 officers; 3 killed, 3 in critical condition, 2 in surgery
10 police officers shot, 3 killed at Dallas #BlackLivesMatter rally, sniper reported

EB7I

hs-sig-red-on-white

Bastille-Day-Attack-nice-france-aerial-view image www.crimefiles.net

Published on Jul 14, 2016

★ Dozens dead as vehicle crashed into crowd in Nice, France
AT LEAST 60 people have been killed in France after a truck packed with arms and grenades ploughed into a crowd during Bastille Day celebrations in the southern city of Nice.
The city’s mayor said dozens had been killed in the apparent attack while local media is reporting 73 unconfirmed fatalities and more than 100 people injured.
A spokesman for France’s Interior Ministry said “it’s going to be a very high toll”.
The incident interrupted a fireworks display for the national celebration when the huge truck rammed into the crowd celebrating on the French Riviera.
Mown down bodies remain strewn on the streets and the scene has been described as “apocalyptic” and “carnage on the road”.
Christian Estrosi, president of the region, says the truck in Nice was loaded with weapons including grenades.
A man who witnessed the attack told CNN he saw the driver accelerate and aim for people as the vehicle slammed the crowd.
The driver then emerged from the truck and opened fire on the crowd, another eyewitness said. French media is now reporting the gunman got back in the driver’s seat and travelled to another populated area before starting to shoot again.
Police reportedly opened fire on the truck, which local media said crushed revellers and sent people running for their lives. The truck’s driver was shot dead.
Witnesses have reported people being hit by debris flying around the scene, and videos have emerged on social media showing people fleeing in panic.
Images of streets strewn with bodies are flooding social media as authorities warn locals and tourists to stay indoors.
“The driver of a van appears to have killed dozens. Stay in your homes for now. More info to follow,” mayor Christian Estrosi wrote on Twitter.
Local authorities from the Alpes-Maritimes prefecture also urged people to remain indoors following what appeared to be a deliberate attack on crowds who had been watching the annual fireworks display from the famed Promenade des Anglais.
Witnesses also described hearing gunfire, but this was not immediately confirmed by the authorities.
There is speculation the fatal attack was an act of terrorism. Authorities are yet to comment on the situation and emergency crews remain on the scene.
Panic has broken out in Paris where a fire has broken out by the Eiffel Tower following the Nice attack.
The fire is not believed to be terror-related and is not being treated as an attack.

RTJYT

hs-sig-red-on-white

GEDSC DIGITAL CAMERA

A man identified as the ringleader of a forced labor case involving workers at a Trillium egg farm has been sentenced to 15 years in prison

Young people from Guatemala were forced to work at a Trillium egg farm and surrender their earnings, but Trillium was unaware workers were being victimized

The ringleader of a forced labor case at an Ohio egg farm has been sentenced to 15 years in a federal prison and deportation.

Aroldo Castillo-Serrano  plead guilty to charges stemming from a 2014 case where 10 people from Guatemala – eight of which were under the age of 18 – had been living at a trailer park with no heat and little to eat and were forced to work at a nearby Trillium Farms egg farm. The victims were also forced to surrender most of the money they earned while working at the farm as a means of payment for their ability to live in the United States. The families of the victims had been promised a good education for their children if they were allowed to leave Guatemala.

Once Castillo-Serrano serves his prison sentence, he will be deported to his native Guatemala, according to a Cleveland.com report.

Five other people have been sentenced for their involvement in the crime. He had originally been scheduled to be sentenced with co-defendants Conrado Salgado Soto and Pablo Duran Jr., but his sentencing was delayed. Soto was sentenced to more than four years in prison, while Duran was sentenced to about one year in prison.

Trillium Farms was unaware that the workers were being victimized and did not face any charges.

2 sentenced in case of forced labor at egg farm

The victims worked at a Trillium Farms location, but the company was unaware of the crimes being committed

Two men were given prison sentences while a third defendant had his sentencing delayed for their involvement in a forced labor case that victimized people who worked at a Trillium Farms egg farm.

The court action stems from a 2014 case in which federal agents raided a run-down trailer park near Marion, Ohio. Ten people from Guatelmala – eight of which were under the age of 18 — had been living there without heat and with little to eat.

Investigators said the victims in the case were forced to work at the farm and give most of their earnings to pay for their ability to live in the United States, according to an Associated Press Report in SC Now.

Trillium Farms, headquartered in Johnstown, Ohio, was not aware that the workers were being victimized and does not face any charges.

In a federal court on April 11, Conrado Salgado Soto, was sentenced to more than four years in prison, while Pablo Duran Jr. was sentenced to about a year in prison. Soto, prosecutors said, managed the victims’ employment. Duran, according to prosecutors, was involved in taking the victims to the farm.

A third suspect, Aroldo Castillo-Serrano, is believed to be the leader of the human smuggling operation. His sentencing will take place at a later date. He entered guilty pleas in 2014 for his involvement in the criminal activity.

g68o

www.ispysite.com

www.scamsfakes.com

www.intelagencies.com

www.ozrural.com.au

hs-sig-red-on-white


Twenty people, all of them foreigners, were killed during an attack by suspected Islamists on a cafe in Bangladesh, officials say.

Gunmen stormed the Holey Artisan Bakery cafe in Dhaka late on Friday before troops entered almost 12 hours later.

Six of the attackers were also killed and one was arrested, a government spokesman said. The attack was claimed by the so-called Islamic State (IS).

Most victims were reportedly from Italy and Japan.

In the latest developments:

  • Army Brig Gen Naim Asraf Chowdhury said the victims had been “brutally” attacked with sharp weapons
  • Japan’s Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Koichi Hagiuda said seven other Japanese nationals were in the cafe, but that the government had not yet been able to contact them
  • Seven Italian nationals are believed to have been in the cafe, the Italian ambassador in Dhaka, Mario Palma, was quoted as saying by Italian media
  • Italian news agency Ansa said most victims were from Italy and Japan – Italian media said many of those dining at the cafe worked in the garment industry
  • Gen Chowdhury said 13 people were rescued including one Japanese national and two Sri Lankans

The siege began as diners were gathering to break their fast during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

“It was an extremely heinous act,” Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said in a televised statement. “What kind of Muslims are these people? They don’t have any religion.

“My government is determined to root out terrorism and militancy from Bangladesh.”

Bangladesh’s Daily Star newspaper said the gunmen tortured anyone who was unable to recite the Koran. They provided meals overnight for only the Bangladeshi captives, it said.

Sumon Reza, a supervisor at the cafe, was in the restaurant in Gulshan district when the attack began, but managed to flee to the roof.

“The whole building was shaking when they set off explosives,” he told media in Bangladesh. He later jumped off the roof and escaped.

“From 08:00 it all started,” said Rashila Rahim, who lives near the cafe. “Gunshots, tank sounds… It was like we were in the middle, and gunshots from all around.”

bangladesh cafe terrorist killings images www.crimefiles (4)

Relatives of some of those inside the cafe are gathering for updates


‘On a different scale’:

Anbarasan Ethirajan, BBC South Asia analyst

bangladesh cafe terrorist killings images www.crimefiles (3)

The timing, the target and the message of the daring attack on the Holey Artisan Bakery in Dhaka was loud and clear.

The Islamist militants struck on the last weekend before the Muslim religious festival of Eid al-Fitr. Dozens of diners were at the cafe, which is popular among foreigners and middle-class Bangladeshis.

The Gulshan district is a high-security area and considered among the safest places in Dhaka. Several embassies and non-governmental organisations are based in the neighbourhood and hundreds of foreigners and wealthy Bangladeshis live there.

The government had stepped up security after an Italian aid worker was killed in the area by suspected militants in 2015. It’s difficult to travel through Gulshan without passing through a security check post. But the latest attack has shown that even Gulshan is not safe.

Over the past three years, more than 40 people have been killed in Bangladesh by suspected Islamists. But the attacks mostly targeted individuals – secular bloggers, writers, activists, academics and members of religious minorities. The attack on the cafe was on a different scale. It seems to have been well planned and well co-ordinated.


The attack began when eight or nine armed men burst into the cafe in the diplomatic area of the city at about 21:20 (15:20 GMT) on Friday and opened fire.

bangladesh cafe terrorist killings images www.crimefiles (1)

Media reports quoted witnesses as saying that “Allahu Akbar”, meaning “God is great”, was heard as the militants entered the cafe, which is popular with expatriates, diplomats and middle-class families.

bangladesh cafe terrorist killings images www.crimefiles (2)

At least two police officers were killed in exchanges of fire late on Friday, and 30 police officers were injured.

A statement on the IS’s self-styled Amaq news agency said militants had attacked a restaurant “frequented by foreigners”. It said that more than 20 people “of different nationalities” had been killed but this has not been confirmed.

Lt Col Tuhin Mohammad Masud, commander of the Rapid Action Battalion, told Associated Press the gunmen did not respond when asked to negotiate. It is unclear if they made any demands.

The attack comes after a spate of murders of secular bloggers, gay activists, academics and members of religious minorities, blamed on Islamist militants.

1dft

hs-sig-red-on-white

Henry Sapiecha


Subscribe to Crime Files Network